Sugar manufacturing companies face significant External and Internal challenges. While most of the external challenges are not easily controllable, the internal challenges are controllable. Organizations have to use the right strategy, approach, methodologies and tools to overcome these controllable challenges, in order to sustain business profitability.
We believe a small and incremental change in some key parameters could significantly impact profitability. Often, most of these parameters do not run along Benchmarked range. Controlling known parameters in a plant can result in large savings.
While most organizations have access to data (in the form of reports) from either home grown systems or proprietary ERP systems such as SAP, ORACLE or others, managing these Key parameters is a different challenge.
We believe the challenges associated in achieving expected results are:
a) In defining clear responsibilities on Key parameters
b) Tracking Actions items frequently
c) Creating clear accountability and letting an employee understand the loss suffered by the organization if agreed objectives are not met.
The IbharCPM system enables organizations leverage existing SAP, ORACLE and other home grown systems to manage better.A sincere effort through defined improvement plans can bring positive change resulting in huge savings and thus profitability.
|Managing Performance||Manage individual, departmental and organizational performance based on Key performance indicators and business data using Dossiers, Dashboards and Scorecards.|
|Improving Operation Efficiencies||Define what caused the gaps between expected results and actual achievements, identify action plans that would bridge the gap and ensure that they are acted upon on time. A systematic way of defining these gaps periodically, followed with management review improves operational efficiencies.|
|Production Management||Track and manage quantitative and qualitative data related to production. Quality data inputs can be made directly without having to look up log table. Setup minimum, maximum benchmarks for performance of each data point. A comprehensive Production console enables analyzing of key production parameters.Get better insights and manage differently by reviewing traditional report information in DMR, RT7C, etc|
|Mobile Cane Management System||Provide Cane Procurement Officers with a Mobile device such as a Tablet PC (Tab) with Ibhar Mobile CMS to empower them with information and to spend more time with the cane growers. It covers Cane Registration, Planting, Cane Monitoring and Development, Harvesting and Disposal related functions.|
|Cross functional projects||Define, monitor and manage Projects which are classified for their importance based on an organizational criterion. Mitigate risks associated with cross functional projects by communicating activities and milestones easily and then reviewing progress.|
|Goal Setting||Set organizational goals and deploy them through a well aligned and structured process. A differentiated goal setting and principal accountabilities definition for roles ensure that organizational goals are reviewed with rigor by senior management while departmental and individual goals are managed well by departmental heads.|
|Appraisals||An objective methodology of appraisals would ensure improved retention and contribution from employees.|
|Balanced Scorecard||Use the balanced scorecard to deploy strategy across the organization through well-defined themes. Define departmental performance and unit performance|
|Structured Reviews||Review performance in a structured manner and reduce time and effort spent by senior management preparing for reviews. Record decisions and action points from every meeting and track progress, completion.|
|Business Intelligence and Analytics||Provide rich visualization using dashboards with charting and multi- dimensional analysis tools.|
- Ensures defining Cost conscious Benchmarks and accountability as a mandatory function for close monitoring of activities and performance
- Ensures continuous online reviewing of accurate and reliable data by superiors and self reviewing against the committed/ given task
- Ensures Transparency between Manager and direct report in sharing views and constraints in achieving goals
- Ensures Superiors are made accountable for the success or failure of their team members
- Eliminates subjective decisions on people
- Facilitates in adapting to Continuous Improvements, building a learning and knowledge based organization
- A single system to monitor and manage entire operations as well as Projects during season and Off season
- A web enabled system fully integrated to Microsoft Outlook and Lotus Notes providing a single unified view across plants, Corporate and other areas providing a robust and user friendly IT system, without which the day to day operational efficiencies cannot be monitored, intelligently and effectively for improved performance